The European Schools do not allow pre-enrolments and do not have a waiting list either.
Category I and II pupils may request admission at any moment of the school year. More info in the "Enrolment procedure and deadlines" section.
Category III pupils can only request admission during the enrolment period, from April, 15th to May, 3rd, 2024 (16:00) : More info in the "Enrolment procedure and deadlines" section.
Pupils of the European Schools are divided into three categories as follows:
Category I: Pupils whose parents belong to a European institution or similar organisation are recruited directly and continuously for a minimum period of one year. These pupils are exempt from paying the "minerval" (school fees).
Category II: Pupils admitted by means of a contract signed by a company or organisation, in which they agree to pay expenses equivalent to the real cost of the education of the pupils concerned. (school fees)
Category III: Pupils who do not belong to Categories I or II. These pupils are admitted according to the available places, within the limits set by the regulations of the European Schools. Families are responsible for paying the “minerval” (school fees) set annually by the Board of Governors of the European Schools.
For more information on the different categories, please visit the official site of the European Schools: click here
The European School of Alicante (ESA) has four language sections: German, Spanish, French and English.
The request for an inscription in a language section must be done according to the mother tongue / dominant language, and the School Management may organise comparative language tests considered necessary, also for inscriptions in the Nursery cycle.
For further information, please read the Art. 47 e) of the General Rules of the European Schools, under the heading "Basic Regulations" of the Office of the Secretary-General of the European Schools website: https://www.eursc.eu/en/Office/official-texts/basic-texts/en
- Admission into the Nursery school takes place at the beginning of the school year in September of the civil year in which the child reaches 4 years of age.
- Admission into the first class of Primary takes place at the beginning of the school year in September of the civil year in which the child reaches 6 years of age.
- Entry into the classes which follow are, in principle, subject to the same conditions of age, increased by the number of years corresponding to the class.
- In principle, no pupil may be admitted to the School if they are two years (three years for the classes 4 to 6 of the Secondary) older than the normal age for the class required.
Check which class your child should be enrolled in, according to the education system of the Member State of origin by consulting the following document “table of equivalences of teaching levels”.
Enrolment procedures, deadlines and enrolment policy
Enrolment policy 2024-2025
Please read carefully the European School of Alicante Enrolment Policy before applying for an enrolment, by accessing the following LINK
In order to obtain an initial overview of the different aspects of the European School of Alicante you can consult the Vademecum by accessing the following (the document for 2024/2025 school year will be published in short)
Pupils already enrolled in the School
Pupils currently enrolled do not need to repeat the process of enrolment for the following school year.
Enrolment of Category I families (EUIPO and other European Institutions) and Category II
EUIPO staff: all the information is available on the Institution's intranet.
Staff of other European Institutions: for information on deadlines and registration procedures, please contact directly the Executive Assistant, Ms Beatriz Font:
Enrolment of Category III families without siblings at the School
Category III families interested in enrolling their children in the European School of Alicante, should:
- Read carefully the European School of Alicante Enrolment Policy 2024-2025
- Consult the specific enrolment period for Category III without sibilings at the school: from 15 April to 3 May 2024 (16:00). Enrolment aplications received after the deadline cannot be taken into account.
- Once the deadline has opened, you will find, in this section, a circular in which you can check if the level (year) and language section you wish to apply for would be open for applications.
- In case the class you are interested in would be open for enrolment, you will have to fill in the on-line application form, following the link that you will find in the circular (only classes with availability appear)
- At the end of the registration period, the School Management will analyse the on-line applications and will contact each applicant's family to inform them whether or not their child(ren) will be admitted. Replies will be sent by e-mail.
- The European School of Alicante can only consider applications for at least one full school year.
- The European School of Alicante will not be in a position to organise open days or visits to the school prior to admission, unfortunately.
- Unfortunately, the European School of Alicante does not dispose of the necessary human resources to offer face-to-face appointments for information for Category III enrolments. That said, all the information has been made available on our website. Please get in contact with us only in case of doubts and after having carefully read all information available on our website, in this case you can contact us on (+34) 918.104.22.168 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Enrolment applications received after the deadline and/or which are not made using the online form available in the circular letter once the enrolment term is opened will not be considered.
For information on school fees and payment methods, please click here.