- The European Schools do not allow pre-enrolments and do not have a waiting list either.
- Category I and II pupils may request admission at any moment of the school year.
- Category III pupils can only request admission during the enrolment period, from April, 7th to April, 28th, 2022 (12:00): More info in the "Enrolment procedure and deadlines" section.
Pupils of the European Schools are divided into three categories as follows:
Category I: Pupils whose parents belong to a European institution or similar organisation are recruited directly and continuously for a minimum period of one year. These pupils are exempt from paying the "minerval" (school fees).
Category II: Pupils admitted by means of a contract signed by a company or organisation, in which they agree to pay expenses equivalent to the real cost of the education of the pupils concerned.
Category III: Pupils who do not belong to Categories I or II. These pupils are admitted according to the available places, within the limits set by the regulations of the European Schools. Families are responsible for paying the “minerval” (school fees) set annually by the Board of Governors of the European Schools.
For more information on the different categories, please visit the official site of the European Schools: click here
The European School of Alicante (ESA) has four language sections: German, Spanish, French and English.
The request for an inscription in a language section must be done according to the mother tongue / dominant language, and the School Management may organise comparative language tests considered necessary, also for inscriptions in the Nursery cycle.
For further information, please read the Art. 47 e) of the General Rules of the European Schools, under the heading "Basic Regulations" of the Office of the Secretary-General of the European Schools website: https://www.eursc.eu/en/Office/official-texts/basic-texts/en
- Admission into the Nursery school takes place at the beginning of the school year in September of the civil year in which the child reaches 4 years of age.
- Admission into the first class of Primary takes place at the beginning of the school year in September of the civil year in which the child reaches 6 years of age.
- Entry into the classes which follow are, in principle, subject to the same conditions of age, increased by the number of years corresponding to the class.
- In principle, no pupil may be admitted to the School if they are two years (three years for the classes 4 to 6 of the Secondary) older than the normal age for the class required.
Check which class your child should be enrolled in, according to the education system of the Member State of origin by consulting the following document “table of equivalences of teaching levels”.
Enrolment procedures and deadlines
Pupils already enrolled in the School
Pupils currently enrolled do not need to repeat the process of enrolment for the following school year.
Enrolment of Category I families (EUIPO and other European Institutions) and Category II
EUIPO staff: all the information is available on the Institution's intranet.
Staff of other European Institutions: for information on deadlines and registration procedures, please contact directly the Executive Assistant, Ms Beatriz Font:
Enrolment of Category III families without siblings at the School
Category III families interested in enrolling their children in the European School of Alicante, should:
- Read carefully the circular on enrolment of category III pupils, which can be found at the bottom of this page (circular letter)
- Inside the circular, you will be able to check whether the level (year) and language section you wish to apply for would be open for applications.
- In case the class you are interested in would be open for enrolment, you will have to fill in the on-line application form, following the link that you will find in the circular.
- At the end of the registration period, the School Management will analyse the on-line applications and will contact each applicant's family to inform them whether or not their child(ren) will be admitted. Replies will be sent by e-mail. Analysis of applications will require time. In order to do not slow down the treatment of files, we kindly invite you to avoid calling the School before having received the reply from the School.
- European School of Alicante will not be in a position to organise open days or visits to the school prior to admission, unfortunately.
- European School of Alicante can only consider applications for at least one full school year.
- Unfortunately, European School of Alicante does not dispose of the necessary human resources to offer face-to-face appointments for information for Category III enrolments. That said, all the information has been made available on our website. Please get in contact with us only in case of doubts and after having carefully read all information available on our website, in this case you can contact us on (+34) 9220.127.116.11 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Enrolment period for the 2022-2023 school year: CLOSED!!!!
Enrolment applications received after the deadline and/or which are not made using the online form which you will find by accessing the link available in the circular letter below, cannot be taken into account.
(*) Note: It is important to bear in mind that the opening of the enrolment for some classes does not correspond to guarantee admission, as the availability of places is always subject to new enrolments of Category I and II families that may arrive, these having priority on Category III enrolments.
For information on school fees and payment methods, please click here.